Careers: Accounts Payable Specialist
Job Description: Accounts Payable Specialist
Reports to President
Why Us FORETHOUGHT.net is a leading provider of high speed fiber Internet and telephone services throughout Denver and rural Colorado. We are bringing critical internet connectivity to rural towns to bridge the “digital divide”.
Description As the FORETHOUGHT.net Accounts Payable Specialist, you will perform crucial job duties, ensuring vendors get paid for services and products rendered. You will interact with several teams and support 5 markets throughout Colorado. The ideal candidate will be tenaciously focused, organized, and detail-oriented in an environment that demands rapid decision making. You have the ability to work independently and with a team in a high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. You have strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
Additionally you just have a desire to improve processes and a willingness to make those improvements a reality.
- Manage daily operations of all AP transactions including sorting incoming emails and mail, enter and upload invoices into system, coding invoices, processing 3-way matching invoices in ERP system, routing for approval and acting as escalation point for all AP related requests.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Process weekly check runs with all types of payment methods, including Checks, ACH and Wire and Credit Card. Respond to all vendor inquiries. Organize and maintain AP reports and subledgers (i.e. Accounts Payable Invoices register, check registers, cash requirements, and AP aging.).
- Ensure all inter-company transactions related to Account Payable are processed correctly.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Complete month-end close duties related to account payable.
- Process and maintain 1099 statements.
- Maintain confidentiality of organizational information.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2-4 years accounts payable or bookkeeping experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s in finance or accounting preferred
- Solid foundation in GAAP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Desktop / Pro
- Proficiency with Bill.Com
- Strong computer skills
- In office or remote. Most AP can be done via Bill.com from anywhere.
- Part-time position – can become fulltime over time if successful.
To be considered, send resume and cover letter to: