Hosted PBX Online Dashboard Guide
Check out the FORETHOUGHT.net hosted PBX online dashboard training and learn how to take full advantage of all the features available to you.
- Go to perfectpbx.forethought.net to log in. Your user name is your 6 digit account number and your password should have been given to you upon installation.
- Click extensions and directory on the left, then user extensions. From here you need to select create SIP extension.
- Fill in as many of the user information fields as possible. The MAC address is a 12 digit number normally located on the underside of the phone. *Use only capital letters and numbers in this field.
- When finished click create.
- For additional user options click show advanced form and you can edit settings such as caller ID, DID, or editing how the user will appear in the company directory.
- Under voicemail settings you can update the pin code and setup email delivery of voicemail by adding the user’s email address. The user portal/web setting section allows you to restrict the user’s control over certain aspects of the system, and limit visibility of call history records.
- To finish click create. Changes should be reflected and ready for testing with in 15 to 20 minutes.
- Select voicemail settings, it is the second option in the menu on the left hand side of the screen.
- The pin is the password used to check your voicemail on your office phone or remotely from another phone and can be changed to improve privacy. Up to four numeric digits are allowed.
- Here you will be given a number of voicemail options, so that you can personalize your voicemail.
- Checking notify by email about new voicemail will send you a notification email every time a voicemail is left. The email address these messages are sent to can be updated at any time.
- If you would like to receive an actual copy of the voicemail message that was left you can also have perfectPBX attach one to the email. Check attach messages to email to enable this functionality. *Please keep in mind that some mobile phone operating systems may not be able to play these messages or require additional software to do so. For this reason we recommend leaving the next option delete message after delivery unchecked, so you can listen to your voicemail messages from your computer or office phone at a later time.
- The final option notify by pager allows you to send SMS message to a numeric pager to notify you of new voice mails. Please keep in mind that most pagers do not accept attachments to these messages.
- Hit save to complete your changes before moving on.
- Select Call Forwarding from the menu options at the left. Here you can turn voicemail on and off, determine how long the phone rings before going to voicemail, and forward calls.
- To enable call forwarding first you must disable voicemail.
- You can choose call forwarding always or call forwarding on busy. Be sure to input the number of where you would like the calls forwarded to. *If call forwarding always is enabled no other options will work.
- Find me/Follow me functionality allows for more complex forwarding depending on the options you select. It can be applied to all callers or specific priority callers such as family members and friends by entering their caller ID number here. There are three options for find me/follow me.
- Do not ring my phone, just the numbers below.
- Ring my phone and the numbers below, which will ring them simultaneously.
- Ring my phone and if it is not answered in X number of seconds them begin ringing the numbers below. With this option you can opt to have the numbers ring in succession or simultaneously.
*An important note on find me/follow me, if the number of seconds to ring are set longer then the number of seconds before voicemail answers on any device you’ve selected the devise with the shortest number of rings will deliver the call to voicemail causing all other devises to cease ringing.
5. If you select Let callers know that the call is being forwarded callers will hear the announcement “let me see if I can find this person” while the call is being transferred from phone to phone.
6. Selecting Use original caller’s caller ID when forwarding you will see the actual caller’s caller id if you leave this unchecked you will see the caller id associated with your office or phone number.
7. Confirm call acceptance allows you to screen your callers and is used in conjunction with play caller announcement in the find me/follow me mode option in our next section, call screening.
8. Hit save to commit your changes before moving on.
- Select call screening from the menu options to the left. When enabled call screening forces caller to either say their name or enter their phone number which allows you to choose whether or not to accept their call.
- Filling in do not screen calls with these caller IDs prevents specific priority callers such as friends and family from having to do this by entering their phone numbers here. Call screening can be helpful for callers without caller id asking callers to say their name and/or enter their caller id.
- Selecting Play caller announcement while in follow-me mode ensures that calls coming through on find me/follow me are accepted after being screened.
- Be sure to hit save to commit your changes before moving on. An important note all changes made to the user portal will take 15-20 minutes to be reflected and ready for testing. If you need an immediate change made please call support at 303-815-1000 option 1.
Call blocking allows you to prevent unwanted calls from reaching you based on a variety of user specified options.
- Select call blocking from the menu to the left.
- Enable call blocking by clicking the enable box.
- The first set of options applies to calls showing their caller id. Depending on which of the two options you select from the Calls with caller id section of the page, Block or Allow, one of the two columns below can be used to make exceptions for specific callers, based on their caller id, either blocking, or allowing them to reach you. If the Calls with caller id setting is set to Block, you can add a list of specific numbers with caller id present that you do wish to receive, in the column on the left. If this option is selected you will receive no calls except those from the numbers you’ve listed below. If the Calls with caller id setting is set to Allow, you can add a list of specific numbers with caller id present that you do not wish to receive, in the column on the right. This is the option we recommend for Call Blocking.
- The next option, Calls without caller id allows you to Block or Allow anonymous or private numbers not displaying their caller id. There are no additional configuration items for this, it will be applied to all calls without caller id.
- Finally, you have four choices regarding disposition of blocked callers:
- Send caller to voicemail immediately
- Play “busy” to caller
- Play “ringing” to caller, then disconnect
- Play “ringing” to caller, then send to voicemail
- *An important note, none of these features will work if Call Blocking is set to “Disables” at the top of this page.
6. Save to commit your changes before moving on.
1. Select call recording from the menu option to the left. Call Recording allows you to record both sides of a telephone conversation using PerfectPBX.
2. There are three options available for Call Recording:
- ‘Don’t record’ which disables the feature entirely.
- ‘Record all calls’ which will capture every conversation for this user.
- And finally “Record calls selectively by pressing a key sequence” which can be used to record any call in progress. To activate this feature during a call, simply press “*4” on your phone.
3. Hit Save to commit your changes before moving on. Recorded calls are stored and managed in the Recorded Calls section on the left.
- Select voicemail for the menu to the left. Today we’ll start with voicemail which is the fourth menu item on the left. Voicemail allows you to manage and play voicemail messages you have received within your user portal. *Please note, if you selected delete messages after delivery in voicemail settings section no messages will appear here.
- Any messages you have available for review they will include the caller ID, time date recorded and length. To listen to a message click the play link on the right of the desire message. *Please note some operating systems and browsers may not be able to play the files in this way. Also note that the time stamps in the portal are Greenwich-Munich time.
- If you wish to organize the messages saved here you can create folder by typing a name in the create new folder named field. *Please note special characters and spaces are not allowed here. Click create to complete this process. At this point you can move message to your custom folders by selecting the item or items with a check box and by either clicking the move to folder button which will move it to the folder and remove in from the inbox or by clicking the copy to folder button which will duplicate the item leaving it in the inbox and creating an additional copy in the custom folder you have selected.
- To email a message simply select the box next to the message then fill in the desired receiver email address. If you wish to include a private message that can be done by writing it in the include this text in the email field. Click the send email with selected voicemail messages to complete this process.
This section displays the calls recorded based on your settings in the call recording section discussed in a prior video. The origin and destination of the call is shown along with caller ID information, date and time, and call length.
- Click the orange PLAY link to the right of the desired message to listen. *Please note if you haven’t enabled call recording nothing will appear here and not all browsers/devices are capable of playing these files.
- To delete an item or items simply check the box next to it and click delete selected. *Please note due to the excessive file size of these recordings the “email to” functionality is not currently enabled for recorded calls. Please contact technical support if you need to email or download these calls.
- Login at perfectpbx.forethought.net. The user name is typically your account number dash extension and your password by default is your extension. If you’re unsure of your account info call support at 303-815-1000 option 1.
- Select contacts and directories from the menu to the left, it will be the seventh option. Contacts & Directory allows you to store a personalized directory of contacts within your user portal. By default, a list of all active extensions in your office will appear when the Company Directory item is selected under Which Contact list?
- The selection filter area at the top portion or the screen allows you to enter either first name, last name, or department so that you can limit your search when looking through existing contacts. Once you have filled in the desired fields click select and the system will search for all possible matches.
- To edit an existing contact for your personal directory & contact list, click their last name. Please note, updates made here will not affect how the person’s name / extension information appears in the rest of the system. Here, you can add additional contact information such as office, home, or mobile telephone numbers, as well as email, department, and personal comments. Hit Save to commit your changes.
*Please note, the View System Speed Dials button, which allows you to click to call members of your contact list is not currently functional in PerfectPBX. For information on our flagship CRM product “iSymphony” which includes click to call functionality, call queue deployment and monitoring as well as a host of other features to help you better manage your PerfectPBX system, please contact our Business Sales group, at 303.815.1000, option 2.
*Additionally, the next menu item on the left “CRM Screen Pops” is not currently functional in PerfectPBX, but is included in our aforementioned iSymphony product.
5. To create a new personal contact, select Personal Contacts from Which Contact List? and press select. From this new screen select create contact which will give you a form to input the individual’s information. Fill the form in as desired. Please note, First and Last name fields are required, as identified by the red asterisk. Press create to save your new addition.
6. After at least one personal contact has been added you can chose to delete contact by going to personal contacts and then pressing select to search. Select the box next to any and all of the contact you wish to delete then click delete selected.
- Select call history from the menu to the left. This feature allows you to view custom designed reports of both incoming and outgoing calls.
- In the selection filter section you can define a date range for calls, account code if applicable, the caller ID for the calling party, as well as source, and destination an outside number, extension, etc. Call direction can also be chosen as well as disposition which indicates if the call was answer, missed, etc. *Please note there is currently no export functionality in the call history report.
- To run your report click select.
- Here you can define the default language for your user portal, the color scheme, and most importantly your password for logging into perfectpbx.forethought.net. As most users are set up by default with their extension as the password, you may wish to change it here to increase security and ensure the privacy of your voicemails, voice recording and call history.
- Be sure to hit save if you’ve made changes.
- Click customer login and choose manage account | extranet from the dropdown that appears.
- Type your 6 digit account number as it appears on your monthly invoice. If you don’t know you pin code type your account number here and we will email it to you. Call support at 303-815-1000 option 1 if you have questions.
- Click one-time payment under the billing section of the menu to the left and fill in the information as it appears on your credit or debit card. The amount to be charged field will default to the total balance due on the account, however you can change this to reflect any payment amount.
- To finish simply click process payment. Once the payment has gone through you will receive a receipt via email.