DISA, which stands for Direct Inward System Access, allows you to access the system remotely from an outside phone (cell phone, home phone) as if you were using the system at the office.
It works by:
- Dialing an access number
- Entering a PIN code
- Dialing a number as if you were sitting inside the company (an extension or a regular phone number)
DISA is useful for:
- Calling other employees in the office when your main number might be closed already, or you don’t want to bother reception
- Calling customers and having your desk or company phone number appear on the Caller ID
- Calling customers and having the bill for the calls go to your company, not you (especially for international calls from a cell phone)
- Getting better rates by paying local calling rates to dial the access number and then paying inexpensive VoIP rates to dial internationally
Setting up DISA
- After loading an existing callflow (or creating a new one), under the Advanced callflow items, drag the DISA action over:
- Setup a PIN
- Save the callflow. Congrats, you now have DISA configured for your account
Assigning a PIN for Each User
Currently this feature is not available. Weigh in on the feature in WHISTLE-1361 (and as always, if you want a feature fast-tracked, consider sponsoring the work and keeping the engineers fed).