Personal parking allows each user in the system to have their own parking lot, and reception to be able to park calls for specific users. This is useful for allowing reception to answer calls and put them on hold for a specific party, who can visually see a light blinking on their phone when a call is waiting for them. The final party can answer the call once they are ready, or reception can “grab back” the call if there is no answer.
Setting Up Personal Park
- Log into your account
- Go to the Hosted PBX, Advanced, then Devices as in image
- Select your device and the Edit SIP Device page will show up
- Be sure that your MAC Address is entered
- Choose the phone template with BLF from the dropdown menu
- Click the blue Customize button
- Click on BLF button on Edit Provisioning pop-up window
- Inside Hot Spot pop-up window leave Line Key 13 Type set as BLF, Line Key 13 Event Mode set as BLF, Line Key 13 Line set as Line 1. Set Line Key 13 Extension as *3 then your ext # and set Line Key 13 Pickup Number as the same thing then click on the OK button.
- Click the green Update button on the Edit Provisioning pop-up window
- Click the green Save button
- Now your phone should light up the line key 3 indicating that the parking spot is empty and available.
- Now your phone should flash the line key 3 indicating when there is a call waiting in the parking spot.
- Now your phone should connect you to the call placed in your personal parking spot when the line key 3 is dialed.
Parking Calls in Personal Park
Ex. Placing the call in personal parking spot 109
- Receive call
- Dial transfer button
- Dial *
- Dial 3
- Dial parking lot number (109) then wait for system to confirm which spot the call has been placed into before hanging up
Ex: Call placed in parking spot 109
Answering Calls in Personal Park
- Know your personal parking spot number
Ex: parking spot 109
- Dial *
- Dial 3
- Dial parking spot number
- Wait for your call to be connected to the parked call
Personal Park Ringback
- If the call is not answered within a few minutes the parked call will ring back to the phone that parked it.
- If the call is not answered when it rings back to the phone which parked it, the call will automatically be parked again in its previous spot.
- The process will continue until the call is answered.